Croydon Urgent Care Alliance
Croydon’s new GP Hubs are designed to make it easier for people in our community to access the right care closer to home – including booked appointments with a GP, seven days a week.
In April 2017, we opened three ‘GP Hubs’ in locations across the borough to offer services for people of all ages (children and adults) to treat both minor injuries and minor illnesses.
- The Hubs offer booked appointments with a GP available from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
- Walk in appointments are available at GP Hubs but you may need to wait longer.
The improved services are part of a new contract with NHS Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group and the Croydon Urgent Care Alliance – a coalition of hospital doctors, nurses and local GPs.
This means, that for the first time, emergency and urgent care services will be working together to provide more coordinated care and support right across the borough. It also means patients and GPs within the Hubs will benefit by having more services closer at hand.
The hubs are the result of extensive engagement with local residents, who called for longer opening hours and greater access to GP appointments.
Our aim is to make it easier for people who live or work in Croydon to access the care they need and so avoid unnecessary waits in the Emergency Department for minor or non-serious conditions.
Need help to find the right treatment?
- Download the free Health Help Now app or visit www.healthhelpnow.nhs.uk
- If you are feeling unwell, don’t wait for it to get worse. Look up advice online through approved NHS sources, such as NHS Choices, speak to a pharmacist, or contact your GP.
- If you are unsure about what services are right for you, you can check your symptoms online at www.nhs.uk or call NHS111 for advice.