Clinical Skills and Simulation Training
Croydon Health Services Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre is one of the leading healthcare simulation centre’s in South West London.
We provide expert clinical skills training to all staff at Croydon Health Services, as well as to our neighbouring NHS trusts through the South London Simulation Network that includes:
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Maudsley Simulation
- St Georges Advanced Patient Simulation & Skills Centre
- Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- SWLSTG Mental Health Trust
- South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust
Our in-depth training includes full immersion high-fidelity simulation for inter-professional clinical teams, to meet the highest standards of patient safety.
The Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre is located on the 2nd Floor, Red Zone Woodcroft Wing at Croydon University Hospital.
Simulation Based Learning (SBL)
Our Simulation Based Learning (SBL) initiatives are designed so that all healthcare professionals can extend their knowledge and application of clinical skills, team-work, communication, leadership and situational awareness skills in realistic, but safe simulated environments.
Our goals are to improve patient safety and patient outcomes, focussing on enhancing our inter-professional team performance and training.
Mobile In-situ Guerrilla Simulation (MIGS)
Within Croydon Health Services, the Simulation team works closely with all hospital and community areas to provide Mobile In-situ Guerrilla Simulation (MIGS).
This comprises of unannounced training and simulation sessions in the work environment to further improve our already strong systems.
This method also addresses the local training needs of staff, continuing to build on our robust local Patient Safety structure.
Wide range of courses
We offer a variety of courses including:
• The Coroner’s Inquest Course
• Sepsis 6 Course
• Paediatric Retrieval and Multidisciplinary Simulation (PRAMS) CPD accredited Course
• Core Medical Skills Training
• Safer Airway and Sedation for Non Anaesthetist’s (SASNA)
• Trauma Immediate Life Support (TILS)
• Respiratory Study Day
• Older Person Awareness Team Simulation (OATS) Course
• Disaster Management Course (HMIMMS)
All of our courses are designed collaboratively with local practice educators, managers and clinical teams to generate a greater degree of team awareness, communication and cohesion throughout the service.
Croydon University Hospital also offers Resuscitation Council UK Courses such as ALS, ILS, BLS, PILS and APLS.
For information about the centre, or any of these courses, please email: CH-TR.Croydonsimulation@nhs.net.